Sage Souls | What I am Learning on My Journey

New Year's resolutions, Sage Souls: What I Am Learning on My Journey

I am starting to settle into retirement, I was unsure at first, but I think it was the right decision for me. Not working full time anymore has given me some quiet time to think and reflect. As I browsed through my 2018 posts some thoughts came to mind.


 What I Appreciate Even More Than Before

  • parents that are still with us
  • immediate family - spouse, children and their spouses and grandchildren
  • siblings and their spouses
  • extended family of aunts, uncles and cousins
  • friends and all our crazy adventures through the years
  • silly moments in life that have made me laugh
  • conversations I have had with my mom and mother-in-law, what sage souls these two are 

2019 Goals

  • live in the moment - yesterday is history, tomorrow is an unknown story, make today a day to write about
  • embrace the changing seasons
  • accept other people’s talents and passions
  • expand my knowledge of technology
  • spend more time on our boat 
  • step outside of my comfort zone 
  • continue to learn about my family history
  • be more aware of how negativity drags on my life  

What I Have Come to Realize

  • pressures of parenting are eventually eclipsed by the love you have for your children and grandchildren
  • expectations we place on ourselves are often unnecessary
  • what a gift it was to grow up on the farm 
  • change is hard, but it is a good thing
  • importance of doing things that challenge and fulfill you    
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time out of your busy lives to read my posts and listen to my podcast. I hope you continue to join me to see what 2019 has in store for Grandma G.

Happy New Year!

If you like this post, feel free to share it.  

This episode is available @


Comments

Print