Wheelhouse | Accepting People’s Talents and Passions


accaptance, wheelhouse

To me, my blog feels like a conversation between friends. In the time I have been working on this project, I have learned a lot. I am becoming more observant and look at life with a more discerning eye.

I have learned and grown in many ways through creating blogs and websites and recording a podcast. It is exhilarating and challenging.

Through research and conversations with family and community members, I learned things about their history that I never knew.

I realized that I don't always take the time to acknowledge others' talents and passions. I was dismissive of their hard work because I didn’t share their enthusiasm for their craft. I lacked an understanding of what it takes to be successful in areas outside my wheelhouse. 
My worldview was narrow, and
criticism was sometimes easier to hand out than praise. I felt jealous, inadequate or intimidated around people with talents I didn't have.  

In you, my readers, I see a diverse set of skills and talents. What a fantastic group you are. I’ve witnessed you stepping out of your comfort zone, starting businesses, and selling products and services once inaccessible in rural communities. I think that is awesome. It isn't easy to financially support everyone's ventures, but likes, follows, and shares also help with promotion.

When life gets so busy that we can’t hear ourselves think, it can be hard to imagine that we have untapped creative talents. You might be pleasantly surprised at the skills you uncover when you look within yourself.

Those who love what they do are the blessed few. Accept, appreciate and support the talents and interests of those around you. 
Don’t be afraid to follow your passions or take a chance.

Some people always knew what they wanted to be; others are still figuring it out, which IS okay. 

What brings you joy, peace and fulfilment?   



Comments

One thing that brings me great joy is being a grammy and having my grandbabies in my life! Even when I'm feeling bad they can always manage to put a smile on my face.

Print