The Chronicles of a Reluctant Traveller | Episode 2 | Mexico




I say I am a reluctant traveller because I get anxious when anything changes in my placid little world.  For my added enjoyment I was blessed with a tiny bladder and a weak stomach, but I am not ready to concede defeat yet on my world travels, so I tough it out.  

The Hubs and I and some close friends recently visited Ixtapa, Mexico.  We had a great trip with beautiful +30 weather and clear blue skies. We visited Ixtapa Island and ate and shopped in Ixtapa City.


It was a bit of a shock going from +30 there to -40 when we got home but I am always glad to be back in my nest.  It is exciting to go, but it also feels good to get home.

I loved walking along the miles of beautiful beach.  The ocean was too rough for this grandma, but it was gorgeous to look at and the sunsets over the Pacific Ocean were amazing.

Travelling is not easy. It takes a lot of patience.  I always say to expect the worst and if everything goes as planned it is a bonus.

If you have done any amount of travelling by plane, I am sure you have pondered these same thoughts as I have:

- how can some people sleep the whole way?
- why is it that some lucky individuals never get up to use the washroom?
- why is the person who sits next to me always sick?

Sitting thigh to thigh, shoulder to shoulder with a stranger for seven hours is a little too much bonding for me.

Somehow these annoying things are forgotten, and we laugh about them after and start dreaming about our next adventure.

I think it is important to keep trying new adventures and to have things to look forward to, whether it is a trip to another country or something you have been wanting to try near where you live. Once people stop it is really easy to become too afraid to travel anymore.  Some people are homebodies and that is alright too, but if you yearn for adventure you shouldn't be afraid to try.

There might be a lounge chair with a palm tree beside it and a view of the ocean waiting for you somewhere.

If you like my post, 
I’d love you to share it!

Podcast Episode available @

Comments

Betty-Ann Oad said…
It’s always nice to go but nice to come home safe too! No place like home and your own bed!

Print