I Cracked | I Do Give a Flying Flip

    


Ok, I cracked, I confess I did do some more Christmas baking after I said I won't in my last post "Flying Flip". I couldn't take it, that self-imposed pressure was too great.  I say I don't care about this stuff but then I start to feel a sense of nostalgic longing. I do give a flying flip, after all, I think my heart just grew two sizes bigger.

I decided to make some almond bark this year. I went to the bulk food store to get the chocolate. I filled one bag with white chocolate wafers and without really paying attention filled another bag from the bin that said Belgian chocolate on it. 

I proceeded to the till and when the sales guy rang it in he said, ”$47.00 please”. In my mind, I was saying, “whaaaat”. I was too shy to say I changed my mind so I whipped out the old credit card, paid and got out of there.  

I was suffering some buyer’s remorse over that chocolate purchase but I have recovered.  I am going to enjoy that darn bark, the white stuff is a little waxy tasting but the chocolate kind is epic!

I also purchased some Christmas pudding from my supplier. When I got to the craft sale where she was selling the pudding, I saw that there were only three jars left. 

I rushed over to her table, panicking but trying to look nonchalant, and grabbed two jars. I don't know what I would have done if some other Grandma had made a move for that pudding at that same moment.  It wouldn't have been pretty.  

Can you stick to your guns better than I can?

Listen to this episode on my Podcast Link

If you think your friends would like this post,
 I’d love you to share it.


Comments

Print