Happy Birthday to the Hubs



The Hubs - my boyfriend of four years and then my husband for the past 37 years - or Papa as the grans affectionately call him; turned 60 on the weekend. He still likes to have a birthday party whereas I don’t want to acknowledge my birthdays anymore.

He spent the day golfing with our son and some friends, did lots of visiting and finished the day with a birthday gathering.  A guy can’t ask for more than that, I think he enjoyed his day. The party started to break up around 8:30 though; I can remember telling my parents when I was a teenager that I couldn’t possibly make my 1:00 a.m. curfew because the parties only got going at midnight.

What really chaps me though is the fact that he still wears the same size jeans that he did when I met him when he was 18!  In what universe does this seem fair? I have lost and gained the equivalent of several people over those 42 years.

The Hubs though is like my Mom; he eats to live not lives to eat.  He even skips a meal when he is busy, imagine skipping a meal!  I never miss a meal and I certainly never forget to eat. 


Listen to this episode on my podcast - 



Thank you for reading!



If you think your friends would like this post, I’d love you to share it. 

Comments

Print